REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Apex Legends – Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play* battle royale shooter featuring legendary characters with powerful abilities teaming up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse legends, deep tactical squad play and bold developments that level-up the battle royale experience. Apex Legends will be available on March 9. To celebrate the game’s launch, all players who jump into the game on Nintendo Switch before the end of Season 8 will get the new Legendary P.A.T.H. skin. Nintendo Switch players will be also be granted 30 free levels for their Season 8 Battle Pass (Premium sold separately). Additionally, from March 9 to March 23, players will also earn double XP.*
- Sea of Solitude: The Director’s Cut – Adventure through a beautiful and troubling world, where nothing is as it seems, to confront and conquer your fears. Sea of Solitude: The Director’s Cut takes you through a drowned city where light has been submerged in darkness, and metaphorical creatures evoke painful emotions that Kay must face and overcome. Journey with Kay by boat and on foot, navigate harsh landscapes, solve puzzles and confront the monsters to help her find her inner peace and her sea of solitude.
- Gnosia – In this adventure RPG, the crew of a drifting spaceship formulate a desperate plan for survival while facing off against a mysterious and deadly threat known as the Gnosia. The most suspicious among them will be put into cold sleep one by one in an effort to completely rid the ship of Gnosia. It’s almost impossible to tell whether each person put into cold sleep was really Gnosia or simply a poor, unfortunate scapegoat, sacrificed by the Gnosia for their own survival. Can the humans emerge victorious? Or is mankind doomed?
- Wield the “Power of the Aegis” in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Cloud Sea of Alrest has never seen a battle like this before! Today, Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as its newest playable DLC fighters. Prepare for a massive brawl when deploying these two formidable warriors. Challenger Pack 9 contains both Pyra/Mythra as playable fighters, a new stage based on the Cloud Sea of Alrest setting and a selection of sweeping music tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Challenger Pack 9 is part of Fighters Pass Vol. 2, which can be purchased for $29.99 and also includes Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy series, Min Min from the ARMS game, Steve & Alex from Minecraft and two more yet-to-be announced fighters as they release. Challenger Pack 9 can also be purchased separately for $5.99.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Ace Strike – Available March 6
- America Wild Hunting – Available March 5
- Arcade Archives GUERRILLA WAR
- Ayakashi: Romance Reborn Dawn Chapter & Twilight Chapter
- Counter Recon: The First Mission
- Doug Hates His Job – Available March 5
- Dreaming Sarah – Available March 5
- Duel on Board
- Estranged: The Departure
- Give It Up! Bouncy
- Into A Dream
- Kill It With Fire
- Mail Mole
- My Coloring Book
- NENA – Available March 5
- NOBLE ARMADA: LOST WORLDS – Available March 8
- Pixel Game Maker Series Puzzle Pedestrians
- Real Driving Sim
- Rock ’N Racing Bundle Off Road & Rally – Available March 5
- Spooky Chase
- Sticky Monsters
- SUPER METBOY!
- Task Force Delta – Afghanistan
* Applicable platform account and platform subscription (sold separately) may be required. Persistent internet connection and EA account required. Age restrictions apply. Includes in-game purchases.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others.
Nintendo Switch Online also offers access to the competitive online battle game Super Mario Bros. 35, playable until March 31, 2021. Compete with other players to emerge as the last Mario standing. Keep an eye out for regularly held Special Battles in which you can challenge other players in a set order of courses and special conditions. Put your Mario skills to the test as classic Super Mario Bros. gameplay gets an adrenaline boost!
To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit http://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.